Our revolutionary white spot dental treatment in Clapham Common, London, can help remove those small white deposits on teeth and correct the appearance of a ‘mottled smile’, helping create a uniform smile while restoring lost confidence.Book Appointment
Icon treatment works without drilling and injections and is totally non-invasive, while being kinder on your smile, as it helps preserve the structure of the tooth. Most patients can be treated in just one session, with average treatment time of around an hour.
Our treatment for white spots here in Clapham Common, London, on teeth involves the gentle application of a tooth-coloured resin, which is then absorbed by the pores in the teeth. This helps conceal any discoloured white flecks and restore your teeth to their former brilliance.
“Finally I have teeth I am happy to smile with thanks to Jonny and the rest of the lovely team at Crescent Lodge.”
The team at Crescent Lodge Dental Practice is highly experienced in delivering quality dentistry in a caring and relaxing environment. If you’re interested in using Icon treatment to help remove white spots on teeth in Clapham Common, London, and give your smile an attractive makeover, call us today on 020 7622 5333, email email@example.com or complete our contact form.
White spots on the teeth are surprisingly common. Here are a few causes:
– Diet: what you eat is often linked to the condition of your dental health. If you eat lots of sugary and acidic foods, this can cause the tooth enamel to wear away, resulting in tooth spots. Those who have acid reflux can also experience this for a similar reason.
– Oral hygiene routine: a build-up of plaque can cause tooth spots. Our dentists recommend brushing and flossing teeth twice a day, for two minutes a time. This can help ensure good oral health and prevent spots from forming. It’s also important to take particular care if you have fixed braces, such as Damon or lingual, to prevent loss of tooth enamel.
– Fluorosis: while fluoride can help guard against tooth decay, too much can actually lead to decay (such as a pitted tooth surface) as well as discolouration. This is why our dentists here at our London dental practice always advise against children swallowing toothpaste.
– Hypoplasia: in some cases, white spots are caused when the affected tooth has less enamel, such as from a nutritional deficiency. Those on certain medications and who have weakened immunity may experience this.
– Trauma and illness: it’s possible that an injury during childhood (before the adult teeth have broken through) or a severe illness can also cause the spots.
Teeth whitening isn’t usually recommended by our experts here in London, as the treatment is designed to lift staining. In addition, teeth whitening may also make the spots brighter.
Some patients also consider veneers or composite bonding, which can conceal the white spots and has the advantage of helping to shape the entire tooth.
No preparation of the tooth is required – so not only does this mean no drilling or injections are necessary, but also no part of the tooth is removed. Because we recognise that some patients can be particularly nervous, we can also offer dental sedation here at our Clamham Dental Practice.
As well as being matched to your smile, using resin has the advantage of adding a layer to the tooth which can help seal it and protect against wear from plaque acids. With decades of experience between us and a professional yet personal chairside manner, you’ll feel right at home with our expert dentists here in Clapham Common, London.
* These fields are required