10th February 2021
What Not To Eat After Lip Fillers
Whether you’re interested in lip filers or have already had lip filler treatment here at our Clapham dental practice, then you’ve come to the right place! In this post, we’ll provide you with a bit of info about caring for lip fillers and when to recognise a top-up might be needed. We’ll also cover off a few at-home tips and tricks to care for your pout in the long-term.
We always go through aftercare with our clients here at our Clapham dental practice, because it’s so important not only for the health of your lips, but for the longevity of your results. Caring for your lip fillers is quite easy, when you know how:
– Don’t touch your lips in the early days, when the product is ‘’settling’’
– Avoid heat treatments, strenuous exercise and dental treatments in the first 2-3 weeks
– Avoid alcohol, smoking and make-up for around 24 hours following the procedure
– Always protect your lips from the sun
Of course, this is just a quick snapshot – we provide more detailed advice during your consultation/appointment here in Clapham.
Food & drink to avoid
We want to cover off diet while we’re discussing aftercare, because many people don’t realise that what you eat and drink can have an effect on your lips in the early days.
– Alcohol – though it’s tempting to toast your lovely results, drinking in the first 24 hours could lead to bruising and swelling.
– Caffeine – whether in food or drink form, this could slow down the healing process as it can cause dehydration.
– Salty & sugary foods – these could cause you to excessively lick the lips, which could cause sensitivity or even infection.
– Hot & cold drinks – these could lead to developing blisters or even burns, as your lips will be particularly sensitive.
– Cigarettes & vapes – while not a food or drink, they’re still part of your general health and lifestyle and should be avoided in the first 24 hours.
Lip fillers can last anywhere from 6 months to 18 months, however it’s advised to have a top-up before this time to ensure there’s no ‘gap’ between results. As a general rule, you could consider a top-up every 3-6 months.
Looking after your lips
There are a few tips and tricks you can try at home to keep your lips looking their best:
– Use daily sun protection
– Use a lip scrub to gently exfoliate, and keep lips shiny and soft
– Use a moisturising lip balm to prevent dryness and cracking
– Incorporate lipcare into your skincare routine
How do I book my lip fillers at Crescent Lodge?
If you’ve yet to have your lip fillers, then simply visit our contact page to get in touch with us. If you’ve already had lip fillers, you can schedule a follow-up if you need further advice or are concerned about anything. We look forward to welcoming you to our Clapham dental practice soon!