First impressions count and it’s commonly believed that those first impressions are made in just 8 seconds. So what are your teeth saying about you when you flash your smile at somebody new for the first time? Your teeth say more about you than you probably think.
Bright, white teeth send out the message that you are young, healthy, attractive and probably free from excessive caffeine-related habits, such as drinking too much tea or coffee. Teeth that are discoloured send out an opposite message. As well as indicating that you are potentially a smoker who likes a coffee or three, the implication is that you’re not as healthy as you could be, or even that your have poor oral hygiene.
As our teeth naturally yellow with age anyway, teeth that are prematurely discoloured also give us the impression that somebody is older than they actually are. Have a look in the mirror. How would you judge your teeth if you saw them on somebody else?
Whiter teeth can bring you plenty of benefits. Let’s have a look at the top 5, with a view to questioning whether it’s time you considered a teeth whitening treatment.
- Giving a good first impression by flashing a near-perfect smile containing bright, white teeth can make you more likely to be hired by potential employers. There are many studies to support this.
- Having whiter teeth will make you look younger. Would you like to look younger without having to resort to anti-wrinkle injectables? Teeth whitening may well be the answer.
- Achieving whiter teeth has a positive psychological impact. With whiter teeth, you’ll be able to smile more confidently and your increased satisfaction in how you look will come across to others.
- People who have whiter teeth give the impression that they have good oral health and hygiene. Great-looking teeth are an indicator of that after all. This fact should help you on dates as so many articles on the subject of dating cite white, healthy-looking teeth as an important factor when it comes to attracting a partner.
- Having whiter teeth is an easy, affordable, painless and non-invasive way to rejuvenate your face and make yourself look more attractive.
How does other whitening treatment work?
Here at the Crescent Lodge Dental Surgery in Clapham, we offer two different treatment options. You can either have your teeth whitened in surgery, over the course of two appointments using leading brand Zoom!, or you can use our professionally prescribed home kit in your own time and in the comfort of your own house.
The in-surgery appointment involves a quick, initial appointment, during which an impression is made of your teeth. A second appointment is a lot longer, taking over an hour, but you will be treated in our comfortable modern surgery and be able to listen to your own music throughout.
The home kit we prescribe can only be purchased through professional dentists as full guidance will be given. Leading brand Opalescence is known to frequently provide impressive results. Unlike some home kits you can buy over the internet, all the active ingredients will be stated on the packet and you won’t have to order repeated packs in order to see some results, without really being fully aware of what it is you’re putting on your teeth.
We will provide you with custom-made mouth trays, so you’ll be able to sleep comfortably whilst wearing them and we will guide you through everything you need to know. The effects of this treatment should last for up to 2 years.
Want to find out more about the two different tooth whitening treatments we offer? Please give us a call to book your first appointment today. Our knowledgable team will be able to answer any initial questions over the phone, as well as find an appointment time to best suit your schedule.