Getting your teeth straightened in Southwest London is not going to have a huge negative impact on your social life. Thanks to huge leaps in dental technology, clear braces that exert constant pressure on your teeth to move them into a more desirable position, are virtually invisible these days.
It was in the 1970s that braces started moving away from the traditional brackets and wires set up and towards the modern approach of orthodontics that exists today. Japanese dentists discovered that brackets bonded to the back of the teeth could produce the same effect, but without the braces being visible. Lingual braces were born.
Leap forward to the 1990s and Stamford graduate, Zia Chisti realised that by using a retainer, he could keep his teeth in position. However, when the took the retainer out, his teeth had a tendency to shift. From this discovery, grew the idea of the retainer-like aligner trays which are used by the Clear Aligner system we use here at Crescent Lodge Dental. As well as Clear Aligners, we also offer Damon clear braces and lingual braces. Let’s have a look at the 5 main advantages of clear braces.
- The number one benefit of wearing clear braces is their appearance. They are discreet and you won’t feel embarrassed about wearing them. The people you speak to are unlikely to realise you’re wearing an orthodontic device.
- The Clear Aligner braces we offer are comfortable. Once you’ve got used to the feeling of the aligner trays in your mouth, you’ll find them very wearable. They are custom-made for your mouth after all. Damon Clear and lingual braces are also designed to have smooth edges and a gentle contour.
- The average length of time you can expect to wear Clear Aligners is approximately 12 months. Metal train tracks often have to be worn for far longer before your teeth reach their final position.
- Clear Aligners are very easy to maintain. You simply wash them in lukewarm water and give them a rinse. They are removable so you don’t have to struggle to remove food from any wires or worry that your teeth are not clean enough.
- You know how your teeth are going to look before you embark on Clear Aligner treatment. 3-D computer imaging will show you the predicted smile you’ll have achieved by the end of the treatment.
If you’d like to find out more about the clear braces we offer, how they can help you and how you’ll look with a transformed smile, please give our practice a call. A member of our helpful team will be able to give you all the information you need.